Baby Wellness & Massage
Baby Wellness & Massage Workshops
Learn and practice some essential techniques for using therapeutic touch with your baby – to help both of you bond, relax, and sleep better! Not only is it a beautiful and loving way to begin a lifelong relationship, but research also shows that these techniques:
- Reduce gas and colic, allowing baby to sleep better
- Help to strengthen and regulate respiratory, circulatory, nervous, musculature, and gastrointestinal systems
- Begin a loving, intimate connection between parent & baby
- Help the baby release the tensions of daily stimuli
- Increase parent’s confidence and handling skills
- Emotionally nourish your baby
- Part I - IntroAn introduction to using therapeutic touch to promote health and balance in your baby — everything you need to know to get started, including:
- How much pressure is safe to use and areas to avoid
- Why touch & massage are used and how you can use them to help your baby (what other cultures have known for centuries!)
- The importance of knowing when to massage your baby
- Head to toe — basic movements and where to use them!
- Part 2More specific applications and guided practice, including:
- Special crucial strokes including relieving colic, gas, & constipation
- Massage & baby yoga movements for fun & stimulating play
- Knowing baby’s cues for massage & how they change as they age
- How to adapt your massage to support your growing child into toddler & preschool age!
- More hands-on guidance, “trouble-shooting,” and Q & A
Understanding and beginning touch early in life can improve the quality of parenting and family life and promote the well being of your precious little one.
$55 per family
Please note :Fee is Per Family (up to 2 caregivers)
- MaterialsPlease Bring: If you are bringing a baby, please bring 2 receiving blankets (ones you won’t mind getting a little oil on) and anything else you and your baby need.
Class fee includes very gentle massage oil and all other materials.
- Upcoming Class Schedule For Baby Wellness & Massage
No Schedule found for this workshop.
*Advance Registration is Required
More Dates & Wait Lists: Add your interest and availability to be contacted about new dates or cancellation openings.
- Class Format
Intro : 1 day, 75 minutes.
Part 2: 1 day, 75 minutes.
- Timing – When to take?
Best during pregnancy or for parents with babies newborn through crawling (~10 mos). The earlier the better, as these techniques will help soothe your baby from day one.
PLEASE NOTE: NO BABY, AT ANY AGE, will predictably be quiet and alert AT CLASS TIME, for the FULL TIME. Don’t worry!
Parents who attend class without a baby or whose baby is not feeling receptive to massage during class will practice what they are learning on one of our dolls. You will receive detailed handouts to reinforce things you might only partially absorb while attending to your child’s needs.
- Attendance & Sick Policy
Please do not bring babies with an active cold or fever, but you may attend without baby, or send another caregiver in your place to get the instruction and handouts.
Since we keep small class sizes and reserve your spot, we cannot offer credits or refunds for classes cancelled with less than 1 week’s notice.
- Minimum and Maximum Enrollment
Classes meet as small groups in a comfortable, nurturing class environment, to allow for optimal interaction with the material, instructor, and other participants.
Minimum | 4 Families (max 2 adults per family)
Maximum | 8 Families
- Cancellation Policy
Click here to read our cancellation policies.