Whole Birth Prenatal Yoga
The BEST place to start for women looking for health/fitness and a positive experience in their body & pregnancy, preparation towards birth and parenting, and a circle of support.
Because we cannot fully think our way through pregnancy or labor (it is a very physical and emotional experience, not just intellectual!), prenatal yoga is a perfect way to drop beneath the thinking mind to relax, strengthen, and train the mind and body to work together to soften and open — essential for labor, birth, and motherhood. read more
Yoga poses are taught and practiced with an emphasis on mindfulness for increasing breath and body awareness, learning pain management, prenatal bonding, and deep relaxation.
The community and support that blooms within each class, the trust in yourself, and simply taking time for you amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday work and life, helps to enable and empower you along your path.
Many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy are relieved through the practice of Whole Birth Yoga. Low back and sciatic pain, insomnia, swelling, and much more respond well to regular practice.
In a Whole Birth Yoga class, expectant mamas can find supportive conversation and connection.
Whole Birth Yoga Classes provide a rich and nurturing forum for pregnant women to:
- Learn self-help measures to relieve many physical discomforts associated with pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Learn healthy ways to reduce stress and anxiety before and during labor.
- Practice effective pain coping skills.
- Develop confidence and trust for birth.
- Acknowledge and integrate their pregnancy and birth as a rite of passage into motherhood.
- Make supportive connections with other pregnant women.
- Address your questions & concerns about pregnancy, birth, and motherhood.
- Honor the difficulties and celebrate the joy!
- How is Whole Birth Yoga different from Pure Prenatal Yoga at Harmony?
- Whole Birth Yoga classes each include approximately the same amount of yoga time as the Pure Prenatal Yoga classes, but also includea bit of ‘Support‘ time where moms-to-be are exposed to pregnancy, birth and parenting info, and have time to chat, laugh, and share wisdom and experiences with one another and our expert instructor.
WBY classes do not espouse any particular approach to labor or birth, so each woman’s individual goals, comfort, and preferences are honored. Information about options is shared in the interest of helping each woman choose her preferred personal path and find the most positive experience she can of this powerful journey.
Prior yoga experience is not necessary, as classes are tailored to individual needs.
For more about the Whole Birth style of yoga, please see the website at www.WholeBirth.com.
Registration is not necessary for drop-in classes. Please feel free to come on any of the below days/times. *Some classes do become full, so advance online check-in is available 3 hours before class time (see link below).
10 – 12:00 pm
Check in for Today’s Class